Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, November 29, 2014

The October Snippet

Hi friends! Back in October I shared a tiny snippet with you of a Christmas ornament gift that I finished. Well I can now show you the whole thing. I waited until that Canadian friend received it. Then I waited until she shared her little bean news. Yep! Anne is who I am speaking of. =)
This pattern is titled 'Snowflake'. It is by SamSarah Design Studio. You can find it in the 2011 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue. I stitched this on 32 count straw? linen two over two, using the called for DMC, except I used 3865 for the white to make it just a bit brighter. I like my snow white! ;) I had this backing material in my stash. I had bought this flannel for another SamSarah snowman ornament design I made several years ago. Most of the same DMC colors are used for that one too. So it worked perfectly.

I am happy to report that Anne is thrilled with it. :) And I am just so happy for her, Lee and Little Bean. ♥

Thanksgiving Day was wonderful. Yes!! David did come home. God is good.

Thanksgiving evening we watched God Is Not Dead. Have you seen this movie? What a good movie it is. All five of us think so.

Henry is very much recovered. You would NEVER know he was injured. Yay! God is good.

I was making such good progress on my current catechism book, The Living God vol.2, and then we went to the library. I like to check the new book section. Do you too? Well, I found the last book by Louis Zamperini, called Don't Give Up, Don't Give In:  Lessons From An Extraordinary Life. I say last book, because Louie died in July. Just two days before the book was published. He was 97. I am 60% done with it. What a great book! He was an Olympic athlete and WWII pow.

Still plugging along on Theotokos.

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you stopping in. Have a super weekend my friends!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

23 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Such a sweet and thoughtful gift for Anne. I'm pleased for you all that Henry is well again:-)

Hazel said...

Love your ornament. Very cute. I want to see that film but haven't got it yet. Need to look out for it. X

Andrea said...

A wonderful ornament finish for Anne. Good to hear that Henry is doing well. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

Margaret said...

What a lovely gift for Anne! So cute! I was so happy to hear her news, weren't you? So glad Henry is doing better -- whew!

Anonymous said...

Hello Vickie

What a lovely gift for Anne, so special.
I'm so glad that Henry is feeling better. Have a peaceful week. x

butterfly said...


Lovely ornament for Ann, such a sweet stitch.

So happy for Henry , hugs.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a sweet ornament for a newly expectant couple! CUTE as a button finish too! I'm so glad your Thanksgiving was fabulous! Henry looks like he's fit as a fiddle!

Giovanna said...

What a pretty ornament, it's a lovely gift.

Maggee said...

Yay! That ornament was perfect for Anne! She will be an extraordinary Mom! Glad that your Thanksgiving went well. And that Henry is healing! Hugs!

Anne said...

You bet I love it!!! I just finished doing a post too on it plus my giveaway winner. Can't wait to get the tree up next weekend and put it on the tree! So glad Henry has healed. God is merciful. Happy Thanksgiving my dear! Hugs!

rosey175 said...

Eeee, wasn't it fun to hear the news! :D Your little stitch is so cute and love the backing fabric~

And good for Henry being perky quickly. I'm a bit jealous of their ability to heal that fast haha.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

This is so cute and so adorable....Love your finish...

Your two 4 legged children are so cute and I love the way they are looking too...awww so sweet.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad

Mii Stitch said...

Love the ornament you made for Anne!! She's just a sweetie :)

Julie said...

Very lovely and thoughtful gift for Ann

Carol said...

Such a perfect ornament to stitch for an expectant mom and dad, Vickie! I know Anne loves it :)

Melody said...

What a perfect ornament. I am going to have to go searching to see if I have that year of the ornament magazine. It will be the perfect one to stitch for our daughter, since they are expecting!

Michelle said...

A lovely gift for Anne Vickie. So pleased to hear that little Henry is doing much better xx

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Awww how sweet of you to stitch that for your friend. It is adorable. :) Yay! Henry is all healed. :) Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. :)

Natasha said...

Adorable ornament. I started stitching that exact one for my friends that just welcomed a baby boy into the world but had to rip it all out Ha!!! Hoping to start again soon.

Brigitte said...

I have already seen this little beauty on Anne's blog and it is so beautiful. I can easily see why Anne was so thrilled about it. Very nice backing fabric.

Brigitte said...

So nice to read that your Thanksgiving was a very good one.

Melanie said...

That's so good to hear about your Thanksgiving. It must have been so nice to have everyone together again. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love this ornie and it is perfect for Anne. I sent her something for luck at the beginning of the year which obviously worked!