Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, September 10, 2012

Angel Ornament

Good morning everybody! It is a beautifully, cool morning here. It is sunny and will be real warm. =) I stitched this weekend. I got the little angel for my mother done. I like to make my mom angel ornaments for Christmas. This one was a freebie from Victoria Sampler.

one over one on light blue 28ct evenweave
There were different examples on the website stitched up. I went with Wendy's, as my mom's favorite color is blue. When I pulled the floss I realized the colors were a bit more purple than blue. That was okay. I like the colors a lot. I did change the color for outlining the skin. I could not find the blending filaments at either JoAnn or Michael's. So I did not use it. She was to be holding a ribbon with a charm. I do believe I am leaving her plain like this. I like her as is. We will see how I finish her. She is so small.



I love these grasses along the back fence. I got them for free when they closed down a Sears Grand right by our home a few years ago. When they started to tear down for a new grocery store to go up, I went and talked to the foreman on the jobsite. I asked him if I could have them. He told me to come back the next day, he would have them dug up and set aside for me. Brian and I returned for our free grasses. =)  The other plant you see on the right is the Chocolate Joe Pyeweed/ Eupatorium. It will be covered in tiny, little white flowers soon.


I wanted to show you how my two turquoise pots in front of the garage look now for fall. I always go to the wonderful, local nursery in July. It is more pricey, but he has the unique and beautiful plants. I go in July because he marks annuals down then. That's when my spring pansies have pooped out, so I nab the annuals for my fall plantings. So it cost me $4 a pot. =) The large green leaves to the left are what is left of the lovely pink hollyhock. And do you see who snuck in there? I kept trying to distract her. She just barely snuck in the photo. ;)

Lastly, here is a lovely photo Miss Madeleine took last week. A beautiful sunset we saw from our back yard. The buildings are the library on the left and the police department on the right.


That's it for today friends. I thank you once again for stopping by and taking the time to comment. You're the best! ♥ May every minute of this day be blessed by the Lord.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

19 comments:

Lois said...

What a sweet finish Vickie! Loved seeing the other pictures too, those grasses are lovely and what a bargain!

Michelle said...

Lovely finish Vickie x

Margaret said...

I love the angel ornie for your mom! So pretty and small! The grasses -- how cool! I love the story of how you got them.

Anne said...

Adorable little angel you stitched Vickie!! Love the 1 over 1! Very pretty photos too!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Wonderful angel ornament! Your mom will love it.
I love grasses, too and yours look great. How smart of you to stop and ask about them.

cucki said...

aww cute..love for you xx

Carol said...

Oh, she is so tiny and cute--I just love the look of pieces stitched over one! And how lucky you are to have your library so close, Vickie--stunning photo that your daughter took :)

Annette-California said...

Such a darling Angel ornament, I'm sure your mommy will love it. Love how one over one looks. Beautiful sunset photo, Great Job Miss Madeleine:) Oh and the grass plants have grown beautifully.
love Annette

Meari said...

The little angel is adorable! Congrats on a cute finish.

Love the grasses... They'd look perfect in my back yard, too. ;-)

Pretty sunset photo.

Catherine said...

What a sweet little angel!
Fabulous picture your daughter captured!!

Giovanna said...

Cute little angel, well done!

Trace4J said...

Beautiful.
Love the sunset and sweet blue angel.
Oh how we all need angels.
The free grasses are so pretty too.
Have a great day friend.
Hugs
Trace

butterfly said...

Such a sweet angel, and your grasses and garden look so beautiful.
I see we are all getting some wonderful sunsets, hugs.

Minnie said...

Adorable tiny angel, I don't know if I'll ever be able to stitch on 40 ct but it is so beautiful.

Melanie said...

She is perfectly tiny and perfectly adorable. Love the purple color. :)

Chris said...

I know that your Mom with love this sweet litlle angel ornament.
I love the grasses too.
Lovely sunset.
Have a great week!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

merveilleux ! I love your beautiful blog, sorry bad English
... bisous de France ....

I love poodle ! hi hihi

Sally said...

What a sweet finish Vickie.

I love the sunset photo. So pretty.

Gabi said...

What a beautiful angel. Congrats on this gorgeous finish.