Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hallelujah! He Is Risen!

Good morning everyone!  So glad to have you here. :)
I promised pictures of my giftie to Ruth.
Where Stitchers Meet



This was a freebie I had in my stash.  I just knew I wanted to stitch it for Ruth, for her birthday.  We met through an online stitching group, and I am ever so glad we did. :)  This is called Where Stitchers Meet.  It can be found here.  I decided to make it a pinkeep, as I don't recall seeing one on Ruth's blog before.  I thought something a bit different would be nice.  I knew it had to be done up in red, as that is Ruth's favorite color.  I had the backing fabric in my stash.  It worked wonderfully with the gold in it.  I relied on Barbara for help with the sweet little bow. I stitched this on 32ct oyster linen.  2 over 2.

Perhaps you remember this.

Well, it is no more! :( 
Emerson and Madeleine played a little baseball and wouldn't you know!  Yep, Madeleine hit it. She felt terrible.  If you recall, it was the only one of it's kind at JoAnn.  We are thankful that there were no birds nesting in there yet.  Especially eggs!

It took us a few days, but this is the replacement we bought at T.J.Maxx.  It is solid wood.  I think we will stick with wood around here.  Many, many cute ceramic ones out there, but just in case!

I have my Easter finish to share with you, perhaps tomorrow.  I am currently stitching another poodle bottlecap magnet. tee hee!

stitching and praying,
Vickie

1 comment:

Anne said...

What a lovely post Vicki!! I like your added biblical passage at the top of your blog!! We will celebrate this weekend...soo excited!! Beautiful little ornie you stitched for Ruth! Aw, too bad the teapot got broken but I think the wooden one is a good, safe replacement!

Happy Easter!